Friday, 17 January 2014

Fashion Friday - Reverb

IMG_9222
IMG_9228
IMG_9239
IMG_9241
IMG_9242
Featured Knits: Reverb designed by me!
Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Hayloft colourway.


I designed and knit this cardigan for Brooklyn Tweed's Wool People 5 collection back in the summer of 2012. I was barely pregnant when I finished it and then sent it off right away. I have been looking forward to the day that I'd get the sample knit back so I could try it on a non-pregnant me and see how I liked it. Guess what... I love it! It's exactly what I wanted it to be. I liked it when I designed it, I liked seeing it on the model and I've liked all the gorgeous versions I've seen pop up on Ravelry, but I love it now that it's part of my sweater wardrobe. It's straight, not fitted, and I like that. Fits more like a jacket, especially with the stand up collar, and I like that too! Don't you love it when a knit works out? I also, kind of surprisingly, LOVE the colour. Take a look at my sweater collection, I have very little in the gold/rust/brown spectrum. Shockingly, I find this colourway extremely wearable. It seems to go with all the bright purples and blues that I tend to gravitate towards. 

So, there ya go, Reverb revisited. Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sweater, made even better looking with that gorgeous baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that scarf knit, too? I love the colours and the zig zags. Beautiful sweater coat. I may have to be ambitious and knit one. Thank you for writing such rich and beautiful posts, so often. You are amazing! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarf is sadly not a hand knit. It's machine made and I purchased it years ago at a big department store. I still love it though! It has such great colours.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is beautiful. I would love to knit something like it someday!

      Delete
  3. it's a really beautiful sweater ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweater! Love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the beautiful, subtle variations of the gold yarn-it's almost like a colorwash of gold shading. 'Just beautiful. The sweater is the perfect pattern to show off the shades of gold! I, too, would like to know about the scarf!!!!!! Is it knit? Iit one of yours? It's georgous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am in so much love with this sweater, and have been for months! I cast it on in November, and it's starting to look like a cardigan - can't wait to wear it! You created a gorgeous sweater pattern, thanks for making it available for us.

    I love it in the tweedy gold tone. It's a good colour on you! What kind of buttons did you use? I'm on the hunt for the right ones for mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Rowan's little vest. What is the pattern or is there a pattern you used for inspiration? I've tried searching your projects and Ravelry, but I just cannot find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You looked like you popped off the pages of anthropologie! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented! You've designed and made it by yourself and it looks great! I love wearing cardigans, especially if they not only look nice, but they are comfortable. I love the idea of having the collar up with a scarf, as well as you have in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job! Love the sweater and it looks good on you to boot. Cardigans are the best, right? They are my go-to for winter wear. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sweater and Rowan's vest is just adorable on him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the scarf you're wearing echos the reverb pattern - subtle and clever :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.